Skip to main content

Living Satisfied

How many times do I think during a day, I can't wait for... whatever the next big event is... going camping, bonfire at Mom and Dad's, family vacation, or even the next big holiday. It consumes my mind sometimes until I've forgotten about today and all of the joys and sweet moments I'm missing, ruining my day and most likely anyone in connection with my day...aka. my husband's, my children, the cashier at the grocery store, etc. What's so incredibly awesome about tomorrow, or the weekend that today can't possess? Why is cooking dinner such a bore, but Thanksgiving dinner is what you look forward to making every year? What's the difference? Shouldn't tonight's dinner be more enjoyable...there is a deal less to make for my little family's normal dinner than for feast day with the family.


Finding fun, sweet, and happy moments about my day make all the difference in how it is viewed at the end of the day. When the question is asked...how was your day? Do I think of all the annoying nit picky things that ruined my day, or do I rejoice in the small blessings I was able to find? Did I give glory to my Creator, or grovel in my mud pit of dissatisfaction?

I love these verses:
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Phil 4:11-13)

The Apostle Paul learned how to be content wherever he was... including prison. Some days my job or my home may feel like a prison, but that doesn't give me the right to have a bad day. Learning the precious joys of my Creator can make any "bad day" a wonderful and sweet day. It's all in how you look at it.  My day today hasn't been exceptionally wonderful or horrible, but I'm going to remember that I got to go to work late, eat lunch with my husband, and decorate my dinning room table...I'm going to look forward to packing a few things for a weekend in the country and a bonfire on a chilly night, and a few moments at home to myself with no requiring task at hand...

So I conclude that today has been and will be a good day!

Sarah




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Your Apartment More Homey - Part 5

Welcome to part 5 of my mini series "How to Make Your Apartment More Homey". Once you get a grasp on the first four topics you've really got something going for you. These last two steps are definitely not the meat of the problem.  Today we will focus on - The Color Palette. A little bit of color theory wouldn't hurt anyone. I realize that we are alway feeling the need to try something new and be a little different. It's called fashion, and that's okay. Be different! Make a statement! It's good to try something new. But if it's ugly just say so, don't lie to save your pride. Your pride has already been painted all over that new yellow couch!  You can google a basic color wheel and the different ways to pair the colors or most people have an eye for what looks good together. It's usually a good thing to stick with the same hue (bold with bold, or pastels with pastels, and burnt colors with burnt colors) but even that isn't alwa...

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 6 Psalm 51:10

Welcome to your first day of rest. Tomorrow is Sunday, a day that should be put aside to worship the Lord and to rest your body from physical activity. Each Sunday we will meditate on a verse that reflects having a clean heart. Because we all know that a spotless house doesn't make us truly happy. Only a clean heart can keep a smile on our faces. Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God,  and renew a right spirit within me.  What does a clean heart look like? Who judges wether the heart is clean or not? Who cares about your heart more than anyone else? Just like we have been pulling out our furniture this week looking for dust bunnies, take a moment to pull out the furniture in your life and look for "Me" bunnies. Search out your heart for selfish things you've tucked away, whether it be a secret, a personal pleasure, a blatant sin, or an old heartache.  When you've found them, take them all one by one and lay them out in a straight row in front of...

Spring Cleaning Challenge- Day 21, Shower

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, celebrating Easter with family and friends. This week we will be focusing on the bathrooms. (I hope you don't have very many) Because I'm not getting this post out till late morning you might consider swapping today's task and tomorrow's. If you get up early and have already taken a shower you might not want to clean the shower today. Instead you can jump ahead to tomorrow and clean the shower curtain and liner. Then tomorrow morning when you take a shower you can clean it. Do whatever works best with your schedule. CHALLENGE: Clean you shower(s) till it sparkles. Here is a link back to the post about shower cleaner. It really does work the best; It makes my shower tiles sparkle! I find that taking a shower while cleaning it is the easiest way. If you have multiple showers, you might consider not getting soaking wet every time, or asking a spouse or child to help you. Take a scrub brush to work on grout mold, and a sponge to wipe ...