Skip to main content

Photography Journal 2018 - (Wks 6-9)


Week 6 - Window

This is the first mental picture I got when I saw the weeks theme. Due to baby items, my sink is always full of clean and dirty dishes. 


Week 7 - Love

This is an old picture I pulled back out, because I'm just not sure I could beat it. The lighting, the subject, the meaning behind it all. Love. 


Week 8 - Family 

It took me an extra week to take this one because I kept looking for an opportunity to take a picture of all four of us. I finally came to realize that, that is NOT our family right now. It's little people helping little people, it's mom behind the camera, it's grabbing the camera during dinner, it's little groups of love gathered together under one roof.


Week 9 - Day in the Life

As a mom this is what most days look like. I'm not looking decent enough to get a picture of myself and I have a child touching me in some way! oh, and it's awesome!!



One photo a week has been a delightful way to remember to pull out my camera. Here are next months themes.  Sleepy, Lucky, Spring, Body.

Sarah 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Your Apartment More Homey - Part 5

Welcome to part 5 of my mini series "How to Make Your Apartment More Homey". Once you get a grasp on the first four topics you've really got something going for you. These last two steps are definitely not the meat of the problem.  Today we will focus on - The Color Palette. A little bit of color theory wouldn't hurt anyone. I realize that we are alway feeling the need to try something new and be a little different. It's called fashion, and that's okay. Be different! Make a statement! It's good to try something new. But if it's ugly just say so, don't lie to save your pride. Your pride has already been painted all over that new yellow couch!  You can google a basic color wheel and the different ways to pair the colors or most people have an eye for what looks good together. It's usually a good thing to stick with the same hue (bold with bold, or pastels with pastels, and burnt colors with burnt colors) but even that isn't alwa...

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 6 Psalm 51:10

Welcome to your first day of rest. Tomorrow is Sunday, a day that should be put aside to worship the Lord and to rest your body from physical activity. Each Sunday we will meditate on a verse that reflects having a clean heart. Because we all know that a spotless house doesn't make us truly happy. Only a clean heart can keep a smile on our faces. Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God,  and renew a right spirit within me.  What does a clean heart look like? Who judges wether the heart is clean or not? Who cares about your heart more than anyone else? Just like we have been pulling out our furniture this week looking for dust bunnies, take a moment to pull out the furniture in your life and look for "Me" bunnies. Search out your heart for selfish things you've tucked away, whether it be a secret, a personal pleasure, a blatant sin, or an old heartache.  When you've found them, take them all one by one and lay them out in a straight row in front of...

Spring Cleaning Challenge- Day 21, Shower

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, celebrating Easter with family and friends. This week we will be focusing on the bathrooms. (I hope you don't have very many) Because I'm not getting this post out till late morning you might consider swapping today's task and tomorrow's. If you get up early and have already taken a shower you might not want to clean the shower today. Instead you can jump ahead to tomorrow and clean the shower curtain and liner. Then tomorrow morning when you take a shower you can clean it. Do whatever works best with your schedule. CHALLENGE: Clean you shower(s) till it sparkles. Here is a link back to the post about shower cleaner. It really does work the best; It makes my shower tiles sparkle! I find that taking a shower while cleaning it is the easiest way. If you have multiple showers, you might consider not getting soaking wet every time, or asking a spouse or child to help you. Take a scrub brush to work on grout mold, and a sponge to wipe ...