Skip to main content

Rainy Days

Drip drop, drizzle... I love a rainy day! There are two ways to spend a good rainy day, and sometimes the day is just long enough to do a little of both!

Rainy days give me energy, lots of energy. I wake up on the "right" side of bed when I hear rain outside my window. I smile through my morning breath and jump out of bed. Dark days call for lots of light and beautiful music. So I turn on every half way needed light and set some peppy classical or sing- a-long Christian music to playing. My mood is set, I'm as happy as a lark. Energy requires tasks to use it up, right? so I clean the house, and make all sorts of yummy foods, some for dinner, some for dessert and maybe even some for lunch or breakfast for tomorrow. If I find my energy running low, I take a quick spin outside to check the mail, go for a short walk, or do a small outdoor chore. The fresh cool air and rain bring my energy level back up and it's back to the kitchen I go.

Another way to use a rainy day, which I usually do when my kitchen is clean at the end of the day and my energy is all used up, is to do what all people love doing on rainy days - cozy up to a good book, or a good movie with your hubby, or maybe that puzzle in the corner that's only half done. Feasting on the goodies you baked early and chatting it up with friends just can't be beat on a cool rainy fall night.

I praise God for the beauty of His creation. I try to enjoy each aspect that He brings my way. Sunshine, rain, or snow...It's all a gift from God. If you can't stay home during those drizzly days, take the time to cheer up your officemates with some hot chocolate, or enjoy working out in the cool rain and think of how much better home will be when you get there. Running errands? Slow down and take your time, enjoy the rain, and be more thoughtful of others.

Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Your Apartment More Homey - Part 5

Welcome to part 5 of my mini series "How to Make Your Apartment More Homey". Once you get a grasp on the first four topics you've really got something going for you. These last two steps are definitely not the meat of the problem.  Today we will focus on - The Color Palette. A little bit of color theory wouldn't hurt anyone. I realize that we are alway feeling the need to try something new and be a little different. It's called fashion, and that's okay. Be different! Make a statement! It's good to try something new. But if it's ugly just say so, don't lie to save your pride. Your pride has already been painted all over that new yellow couch!  You can google a basic color wheel and the different ways to pair the colors or most people have an eye for what looks good together. It's usually a good thing to stick with the same hue (bold with bold, or pastels with pastels, and burnt colors with burnt colors) but even that isn't alwa...

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 6 Psalm 51:10

Welcome to your first day of rest. Tomorrow is Sunday, a day that should be put aside to worship the Lord and to rest your body from physical activity. Each Sunday we will meditate on a verse that reflects having a clean heart. Because we all know that a spotless house doesn't make us truly happy. Only a clean heart can keep a smile on our faces. Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God,  and renew a right spirit within me.  What does a clean heart look like? Who judges wether the heart is clean or not? Who cares about your heart more than anyone else? Just like we have been pulling out our furniture this week looking for dust bunnies, take a moment to pull out the furniture in your life and look for "Me" bunnies. Search out your heart for selfish things you've tucked away, whether it be a secret, a personal pleasure, a blatant sin, or an old heartache.  When you've found them, take them all one by one and lay them out in a straight row in front of...

Spring Cleaning Challenge- Day 21, Shower

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, celebrating Easter with family and friends. This week we will be focusing on the bathrooms. (I hope you don't have very many) Because I'm not getting this post out till late morning you might consider swapping today's task and tomorrow's. If you get up early and have already taken a shower you might not want to clean the shower today. Instead you can jump ahead to tomorrow and clean the shower curtain and liner. Then tomorrow morning when you take a shower you can clean it. Do whatever works best with your schedule. CHALLENGE: Clean you shower(s) till it sparkles. Here is a link back to the post about shower cleaner. It really does work the best; It makes my shower tiles sparkle! I find that taking a shower while cleaning it is the easiest way. If you have multiple showers, you might consider not getting soaking wet every time, or asking a spouse or child to help you. Take a scrub brush to work on grout mold, and a sponge to wipe ...