Skip to main content

17 Verses of Encouragement


Sometimes the Bible can feel really big. Like the difference between a well organized thriftstore and a 150 booth antique store. The Bible feels more like an antique store where each person/author has his own booth/book, but I'm looking for a problem dealing in a specific area. That's when I need the Bible to feel more like that organized thriftstore. That's where memorization comes into play, or google, or your Strong's concordance. In this case you've probably used google to locate verses on encouragement. Let me just say that just reading through these seventeen verses is not going to encourage you in the long run. If you are feeling overwhelmed, stop a moment and read straight from the Bible. Use one of these verses as a starting point. Or, take one or two of these verses and write them down on something that you can take with you. Read them often, memorize them and most importantly mediate on them and pray over them.

Reading a few Bible verses won't change your life, but having a relationship with the one who wrote them will. Read the verses with the intent to know the God behind them.


Matthew 6:33-34 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

John 16:33 "In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I (Christ) have overcome the world."

John 14:27 " Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not you hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

Lamentations 3:22-23 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Proverbs 3:5-6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Isaiah 41:10 " Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

Psalms 51:12 " Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me by your generous spirit."

Deuteronomy 31:8 "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established."

Psalm 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, thought its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling."

Psalms 61:2 "From the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

Philippians 4:6-7 " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard you hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 " Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

What verses come to mind often when you are feeling overwhelmed?

Sarah 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42 Questions To Ask Your Spouse On Valentine's Day

If you and your spouse were on the Newlywed game show... would you win? My husband and I are going to a couple's retreat next month and decided to get a head start on it by brushing up on our newlywed gameshow questions. We actually did pretty well the first time through, but we keep giving each other pop quizzes to keep the answers fresh in our minds. Below I've made a list of common couples questions that you and your spouse might find fun to ask each other. 1) What is your spouse's all time favorite movie? 2) What would your spouse request as their "last meal"? 3) What is your spouse's favorite pastime? 4) What percentage of housework would your husband say he does? 5) What flavor of cake did you have at your wedding? 6) What is your spouse's ideal date night? 7) Excluding people, what would your spouse say is their most prized possession? 8) At what specific sport or game will you wife say she is better than you? 9) What is your spouse&#

DIY Window Cleaner

Day two of our prep work for the Spring Cleaning Challenge! Today I'm going to give you a recipe for window cleaner.  I've also been told that using warm water and a little bit of cornstarch is a great way to clean your windows as well. I don't have a recipe or a ratio for you though. I hope you are gearing up for the Challenge, it's only 7 days away! Don't forget to leave a comment below if you want to join us for the Spring Cleaning Challenge. Sarah

Mom Rules

Being a mom has a whole lot more to do with life than changing poopy diapers, nursing, schooling, dressing, and disciplining. It's when you change that diaper or where you nurse your baby, how you go about schooling and why and how you discipline. I've made a short 3 point list of rules every mom (or parent) should have. It's short and easy to remember so you can quickly think through the questions when parenting. Rule 1 - The Golden Rule Matthew 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and prophets." Treat your children as if they are a person, a real person who understand, cares, feels, and dreams. They are not your minions, your slaves, or even yours at all for that matter. They belong to the Lord and they are yours to nurture, love, and teach. They have a soul, and feelings. When debating if you have time to change their diaper, or heat up their lunch, or grab that pair of mittens… remember they have fe