Skip to main content

Priorities and Prayer

Last night I misunderstood my husband while he was praying. He said Prioritize, and I heard Prayer-tize. By the end of the word I knew what he had really said, but it made me pause a think a moment. What a perfect way to summarize how we ought to be planning our day.


Our priorities usually get mapped out by what would be the most beneficial, or what would hurt the most if we missed. If you work from 9-5, then you will prioritize your day to make sure you are at your job site from 9-5. Priorities are important. The way we make and keep priorities is apart of our character. Remember this though; God's timing is not the same as our timing. God has a life long perspective and a pure motive. Laying out our priorities should come through prayer. Setting aside time each day to ask the Lord what he would have you do today, could radically change your priorities.


Prioritize prayer and prayer will prioritize your day. 


The Bible has so many passages on prayer, because it is a core part of our relationship with God. We read our Bibles to learn God's will for our lives, and we pray to communicate our needs, rejoicings, and gratitude to God.
I John 5:14, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."
When our hearts are searching for God's will, God will direct. If you think your day is yours to handle, then you don't understand the personal, and detailed God we serve.
I Chronicles 16:11 "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always."
God desires our attention all day. Not when the going gets tough or unbearable, but each moment, starting from the beginning.

How do you set your priorities for the day? Who is in charge of your day? your world? 

Sarah 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42 Questions To Ask Your Spouse On Valentine's Day

If you and your spouse were on the Newlywed game show... would you win? My husband and I are going to a couple's retreat next month and decided to get a head start on it by brushing up on our newlywed gameshow questions. We actually did pretty well the first time through, but we keep giving each other pop quizzes to keep the answers fresh in our minds. Below I've made a list of common couples questions that you and your spouse might find fun to ask each other. 1) What is your spouse's all time favorite movie? 2) What would your spouse request as their "last meal"? 3) What is your spouse's favorite pastime? 4) What percentage of housework would your husband say he does? 5) What flavor of cake did you have at your wedding? 6) What is your spouse's ideal date night? 7) Excluding people, what would your spouse say is their most prized possession? 8) At what specific sport or game will you wife say she is better than you? 9) What is your spouse&#

Daily Encouragement

It can take a lot of little blessings to get us through a day sometimes. Constantly refocusing our thoughts on what is good, pure, and lovely. Here are some of my favorite things that I incorporate into my day to encourage and keep me focused. Favorite Links: 1) Wellness Mama ; is a mother who does her best to raise her family away from the harmful chemical, sugar addictions, and stated "norm" of our society. She has a wonderful podcast, that you can get through iTunes, that she uses to interview professional wellness doctors, and give her own story and experiences. Her website is full of very useful advice and is a great source of information for a beginner, or someone already experienced in an organic, all natural way of life. 2) Power of Moms ; is run by April and Saren, two mothers who desire to encourage other mothers through programs, podcasts, books, and free information. I listen to their podcast while folding laundry or cooking dinner. They are full of

Photography Journal 2018 - (Wks1-5)

I feel like photography is everyone's side hobby now days, but with such good cameras on our smart phones it's hard to not fall in love with it. I decided to join a small group of friends on Facebook this year who were doing - a photo a week challenge. We call it Clickin' Through 2018.  Here is the layout...  About once a month I will post my photos from the weeks before. If you want to join me, feel free to post your photos in the comments. Week 1 - Resolution  I made some pretty vague resolutions this year, and was in general not quite on top of my new year beginning. I listed nine things to work on and have found myself leaning heavily toward the item labeled - 1.  The very first thing I wrote down has become my beacon.  1. Enjoy doing the little things.  The picture portrays some of the other things I had written down.  Read more Weigh less Make healthier meal choices Week 2 - Cold Thankfully we have had some beautiful frigid temperat