Skip to main content

Photography Journal 2018 - (Wks1-5)

I feel like photography is everyone's side hobby now days, but with such good cameras on our smart phones it's hard to not fall in love with it.
I decided to join a small group of friends on Facebook this year who were doing - a photo a week challenge. We call it Clickin' Through 2018.  Here is the layout...


 About once a month I will post my photos from the weeks before. If you want to join me, feel free to post your photos in the comments.

Week 1 - Resolution 

I made some pretty vague resolutions this year, and was in general not quite on top of my new year beginning. I listed nine things to work on and have found myself leaning heavily toward the item labeled - 1. 
The very first thing I wrote down has become my beacon. 
1. Enjoy doing the little things. 

The picture portrays some of the other things I had written down. 
Read more
Weigh less
Make healthier meal choices


Week 2 - Cold

Thankfully we have had some beautiful frigid temperatures and enough snow to sled in once. But the week that I was assigned the word cold the temperatures soared to the 60's. So I had to get creative and we went walking around by the frozen over pond and creek. I took a ton of pictures that afternoon and could hardly decide which one to choose. I'm still not sure I picked the best one for the category. Check out the rest of my photos on my facebook page - posted on Jan. 10th, 2018 to see if I made the right choice. 


Week 3 - Eat

Breakfast food is a must at our house. We will eat it at any time of the day and always have a huge breakfast. I am on a burrito kick right now, so this category was a simple one for me. 


Week 4 - Time

It's so cliche, I get tired of hearing it...but I'm also starting to understand it. "I can't believe he is already ________." Children grow up so fast, to the point that you are almost begging time to stand still. My second born was learning to pull up on things the week I took this picture. Since then has has started forming word sounds, walking along the furniture and now walking with a toy, and has had his first haircut. 


Week 5 - Self

This week's category was like a blank piece of paper and it brought the typical panic attack that a blank piece of paper normally brings. There are so many aspects I wanted to cover, and couldn't.
I wanted a picture at my desk, one of my favorite places to be and one the places I rarely get to be. I wanted it to have a glimpse at my love of reading, photography, writing, and art. And really that is all just one small aspect of my life. 



Do you want to join me for February? The next four categories are. Window. Love. Family. Day in the Life.


Happy Shooting!

Sarah 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42 Questions To Ask Your Spouse On Valentine's Day

If you and your spouse were on the Newlywed game show... would you win? My husband and I are going to a couple's retreat next month and decided to get a head start on it by brushing up on our newlywed gameshow questions. We actually did pretty well the first time through, but we keep giving each other pop quizzes to keep the answers fresh in our minds. Below I've made a list of common couples questions that you and your spouse might find fun to ask each other. 1) What is your spouse's all time favorite movie? 2) What would your spouse request as their "last meal"? 3) What is your spouse's favorite pastime? 4) What percentage of housework would your husband say he does? 5) What flavor of cake did you have at your wedding? 6) What is your spouse's ideal date night? 7) Excluding people, what would your spouse say is their most prized possession? 8) At what specific sport or game will you wife say she is better than you? 9) What is your spouse&#

DIY Window Cleaner

Day two of our prep work for the Spring Cleaning Challenge! Today I'm going to give you a recipe for window cleaner.  I've also been told that using warm water and a little bit of cornstarch is a great way to clean your windows as well. I don't have a recipe or a ratio for you though. I hope you are gearing up for the Challenge, it's only 7 days away! Don't forget to leave a comment below if you want to join us for the Spring Cleaning Challenge. Sarah

Mom Rules

Being a mom has a whole lot more to do with life than changing poopy diapers, nursing, schooling, dressing, and disciplining. It's when you change that diaper or where you nurse your baby, how you go about schooling and why and how you discipline. I've made a short 3 point list of rules every mom (or parent) should have. It's short and easy to remember so you can quickly think through the questions when parenting. Rule 1 - The Golden Rule Matthew 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and prophets." Treat your children as if they are a person, a real person who understand, cares, feels, and dreams. They are not your minions, your slaves, or even yours at all for that matter. They belong to the Lord and they are yours to nurture, love, and teach. They have a soul, and feelings. When debating if you have time to change their diaper, or heat up their lunch, or grab that pair of mittens… remember they have fe