Skip to main content

Written Prayers


Prayer is something humans will always struggle with. We like tangible things too much. We like to see who we are talking too, see the progress and know what the outcome will be. We like to be in control too much. When we pray we have to lay everything into the Saviour's hands and say "I can't see the end of the road, I can't see what is best or even see who you ultimately are God, but I trust my life in you hands." Which is exactly what we should do because God is the one who gave us life and sustains us. But again that is something we can hardly grasp the concept of and we get pulled away into the stream of self worth and quickly forget about our Maker.

 I follow right along with everyone else and struggle daily with my prayer life.  So I decided to write some prayers for when my brain is not in the best of moods, when I want to pray and don't have the words, or when I'm still groggy but desire to start my day with God. Writing your prayer can help you be more respectful, it can also help you not get sidetracked. Many of my prayers start with God and end with what's for dinner.

I would like to share 3 prayers today. I am not a pro at this, I've actually never done this before. But I have a desire to worship God. If you have a burning desire to fill, and you know that only God will fill it, if you want to pray more, but don't know where or how to begin, then start here with me.

Morning Prayer:
Thank you Lord for mornings, they are my favorite time of day. I desire to use my morning and my day responsibly and to show honor and respect to You. Please help me to remember my duties to You - by reading your Word and talking to you throughout the day. To my husband - by respecting his presence and authority and finding ways to be his helper. To my children - by being kind and gentle, consistent in my attitude and discipline, and showing them that I love them. To everyone I come in contact with (no matter how short a time) - by shining like you so they can't help but notice. Help me to be kind, unlike everyone but You, and helpful. Teach me to be selfless today. I want to be like You today. Please be my accountability partner. Amen. 

Selfish Prayer: (Afternoon prayer) 
God help me! I am being selfish and uncaring. I've strayed away from your example. I've pushed away your accountability I asked for this morning. Please help me remember what I ultimately want to be. I want to be like You! A child of God! I don't want to be pulled away by the easy flow of sin. I don't want to be influenced by the world Satan has a hold on. I was being selfish again, I was wrong again. Please forgive me and be my accountability partner again. Amen.

Evening Prayer:
Thank you Lord for a day complete. A day you've allowed for me to live through. Thank you for the things you'e taught me, thank you for keeping me accountable hour by hour. Give me sleep like a dependent child, give me refreshment through the night. Prepare me for tomorrow, prepare me to desire what you have for me to do. Keep my thoughts clean and pure as I drift off or recap my day. Remind me to be thankful at the end of this day. Amen. 

I've made these three specific prayers as generic as possible so that they will suit my needs in every situation. I need to be able to use them just as they are without needing to mentally change anything. (I do pray for my husband and child specifically by name.) My prayer life needs help, I need to be focused and respectful when I pray, I need ways to keep my mind on God. Do you ever write prayers? Take a moment and jot down a morning prayer. It doesn't need to be long, beautiful or even about mornings. God wants to hear from us everyday. He wants us to make Him part of our lives. He is always standing in the room waiting. Don't keep stepping around Him like He is in the way. Use His wisdom, council, and direction to help you through the day.

Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42 Questions To Ask Your Spouse On Valentine's Day

If you and your spouse were on the Newlywed game show... would you win? My husband and I are going to a couple's retreat next month and decided to get a head start on it by brushing up on our newlywed gameshow questions. We actually did pretty well the first time through, but we keep giving each other pop quizzes to keep the answers fresh in our minds. Below I've made a list of common couples questions that you and your spouse might find fun to ask each other. 1) What is your spouse's all time favorite movie? 2) What would your spouse request as their "last meal"? 3) What is your spouse's favorite pastime? 4) What percentage of housework would your husband say he does? 5) What flavor of cake did you have at your wedding? 6) What is your spouse's ideal date night? 7) Excluding people, what would your spouse say is their most prized possession? 8) At what specific sport or game will you wife say she is better than you? 9) What is your spouse&#

DIY Window Cleaner

Day two of our prep work for the Spring Cleaning Challenge! Today I'm going to give you a recipe for window cleaner.  I've also been told that using warm water and a little bit of cornstarch is a great way to clean your windows as well. I don't have a recipe or a ratio for you though. I hope you are gearing up for the Challenge, it's only 7 days away! Don't forget to leave a comment below if you want to join us for the Spring Cleaning Challenge. Sarah

Mom Rules

Being a mom has a whole lot more to do with life than changing poopy diapers, nursing, schooling, dressing, and disciplining. It's when you change that diaper or where you nurse your baby, how you go about schooling and why and how you discipline. I've made a short 3 point list of rules every mom (or parent) should have. It's short and easy to remember so you can quickly think through the questions when parenting. Rule 1 - The Golden Rule Matthew 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and prophets." Treat your children as if they are a person, a real person who understand, cares, feels, and dreams. They are not your minions, your slaves, or even yours at all for that matter. They belong to the Lord and they are yours to nurture, love, and teach. They have a soul, and feelings. When debating if you have time to change their diaper, or heat up their lunch, or grab that pair of mittens… remember they have fe