Skip to main content

Thinking

Our Day Trip to Canada

Swimming and Playing on the Beach of Lake Superior 
Sometimes I forget to think for me. I get so caught up in thinking for everyone else or reading and thinking other peoples thoughts that I forget to stop and think for myself. What do I think that about this? Or what are my thoughts on this subject. You say... isn't that what this blog is... your thoughts?

A lot of times I catch myself reading an article or blog post and thinking; "that is such a great thought I should write something about that." which is quickly followed by, "oh that would be dumb they just wrote about it and you would say the same thing only not as well."

When I'm prepping to go on vacation I usually dream of quiet time and reading, writing, and thinking. And I'm always alarmed when I return home to find that I packed my books and journal for no purpose at all. Other times I make up a grand schedule to figure out how to get some mediation and quiet thinking time in before the day gets started and just as grandly push it aside every morning until tomorrow's morning. (which of course never comes.)

I pack a good book to read on the trip, only to find that the baby needs to be entertained constantly. I think about getting up early on vacation and enjoying a quiet devotional time only to fall into bed after staying up way to late knowing all to well that an early morning isn't going to happen. I think about a meditation time on the beach, but that quickly changes when the 18 month old races for the water and needs a constant hands on parent.

Sometimes I wonder if it's possible to think in this world today. We rush around so much that I forget to think. I think it's important to keep within a good range of the current times, but also remembering that what is popular isn't usually what is best. Finding a balance between life and quiet, thinking and doing, family and self, can be really hard. Having a personal determination to do something (knowing that no one else will necessarily be there for you) and doing it , and keep doing it is really really really hard!

Easy things are addicting, sweet things are addicting, laziness is addicting, sleep is addicting, computers/phones are addicting. Most of these things are going to be in our life wether or not we want them. Others of them will be prevalent in most people around us, influencing us constantly. Being confident in what you want to be and how you want to be used by God, being determined no matter whats around you, to do what you believe to be best for you and having perseverance like a baby reaching for candy is the only way to push past that rut in the road, hop that wall and keep on running.

It's so easy to get bogged down, to live without feeling (realizing) it, and to just do. I don't want to be a robot to the advertising industry, the Hollywood crowd, or anything else. Finding quiet time within each day is an important part to keeping life balanced and in the hands of God. Let tomorrow morning be the morning when you finally say yes.

Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

42 Questions To Ask Your Spouse On Valentine's Day

If you and your spouse were on the Newlywed game show... would you win? My husband and I are going to a couple's retreat next month and decided to get a head start on it by brushing up on our newlywed gameshow questions. We actually did pretty well the first time through, but we keep giving each other pop quizzes to keep the answers fresh in our minds. Below I've made a list of common couples questions that you and your spouse might find fun to ask each other. 1) What is your spouse's all time favorite movie? 2) What would your spouse request as their "last meal"? 3) What is your spouse's favorite pastime? 4) What percentage of housework would your husband say he does? 5) What flavor of cake did you have at your wedding? 6) What is your spouse's ideal date night? 7) Excluding people, what would your spouse say is their most prized possession? 8) At what specific sport or game will you wife say she is better than you? 9) What is your spouse&#

DIY Window Cleaner

Day two of our prep work for the Spring Cleaning Challenge! Today I'm going to give you a recipe for window cleaner.  I've also been told that using warm water and a little bit of cornstarch is a great way to clean your windows as well. I don't have a recipe or a ratio for you though. I hope you are gearing up for the Challenge, it's only 7 days away! Don't forget to leave a comment below if you want to join us for the Spring Cleaning Challenge. Sarah

Mom Rules

Being a mom has a whole lot more to do with life than changing poopy diapers, nursing, schooling, dressing, and disciplining. It's when you change that diaper or where you nurse your baby, how you go about schooling and why and how you discipline. I've made a short 3 point list of rules every mom (or parent) should have. It's short and easy to remember so you can quickly think through the questions when parenting. Rule 1 - The Golden Rule Matthew 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and prophets." Treat your children as if they are a person, a real person who understand, cares, feels, and dreams. They are not your minions, your slaves, or even yours at all for that matter. They belong to the Lord and they are yours to nurture, love, and teach. They have a soul, and feelings. When debating if you have time to change their diaper, or heat up their lunch, or grab that pair of mittens… remember they have fe